James’ N Scale Train Layout Project
Hi, I’m James. This website supports my YouTube Channel, “James’ N Scale Train Layout Project.” I’m a hobbyist N Scale train enthusiast living in San Diego, California. I recently built my first 4×8 feet train layout in my home. I documented the entire experience with video, and I’m doing the same with my second, 3×8 feet “Performance Track” layout! I’m also a amateur photographer and videographer so I have fun recording my layout and how I build it.
Check out my blog for details on my experiences in this wonderful hobby, or videos of the building process. The gallery/GIFs pages have some great shots/video of my layouts. I’m not an expert or an instructor, I’m just sharing what I’ve done to build my personal layouts. Feel free to also check out my Portfolio Website for details on other creative projects I’ve been involved in. Happy Trains to Everyone!
Please consider a donation to help support jamesNscale.com. Your donation helps me keep making layouts, the videos and the website!
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Thanks for your help!Donate
My N Scale, 4×8 layout was recently chosen to be included on the SCARM (Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller) website as an example track plan! It’s such an honor, please take a look HERE!
Download my SCARM file HERE.
Watch the Scenic Track YouTube Build Videos HERE!
Please feel free to check around my site! If you like it and find it helpful, please consider a small donation to help me keep building and recording!
- Scenic Layout YouTube Videos
- Performance Layout YouTube Videos
- Scenic Layout Photo Gallery
- Animated GIFs Page1
Watch the Performance Track YouTube Build Videos HERE
Download the Performance Track SCARM file HERE
Download the Performance Track Layout Plan (PDF) HERE
Latest Blog Posts:
- James’ N Scale Train Layout Project— Episode #31: “Best of” Compilation of the Scenic 4×8 Build!
- James’ N Scale Train Layout Project— Episode 13: Complete 3×8 Performance Track!
- jamesnscalepresents… 11202022
- James’ N Scale Train Layout Project— Episode #30: Kato Zephyr Passenger Train & BLI Mixed Freight!
- James’ N Scale Train Layout Project— Performance Track! Episode #12: Layout Update!